Out of Hand
Take a look at this:
- Big Bang machine switched on | Explainer
- Texans told to get out of Ike’s way | Tracker
- Town with nothing loses everything
- Tot mom’s roommate saw no proof of nanny
- Palin is target of cyberspace hazing
- Was ‘lipstick on a pig’ line an attack on Palin?
- Ticker: Will Biden-Palin debate get nasty?
- Martin: Race, age, gender are taboo in election
- Earthquake strikes southern Iran
- 360° Blog: Kim Jong Il absence raises questions
- Girl, 3, sucked into drain as dad watches
- Time: Steve Jobs — not dead yet
- People: Usher going to be a dad again
- Lance Armstrong ends retirement | Video
These are the “headline” news titles on a major news network website. Which one? CNN. The original title of “Will Biden/Palin Debate Get Nasty?” morphed within the last hour, when it began as something like “What will Biden/Palin Debate Be Like?” CNN is one of the biggest offenders in the political news business. In a 24/7 market, where they have allocated so much money and personnel to covering the news during the day, they completely destroy the purpose of news reporting. Their job should be to inform the public, not sway them. From the headlines to the way most of their regular news stories are presented via online or on live television, exemplify what is utterly wrong with the news media.
Someone said it before, but we seriously need to consider how our news is delivered, who owns these news sources, and how we can remove the political biases that make their way into our living rooms and onto our laptops on a daily basis.
This is not the best political news team on television, its competing with Fox for ratings and has thus morphed into one of the most sensational. I can never watch any coverage on their network, because most of it is talking over the speeches that people are actually tuning into see or blowing a simple story out of proportion.